Integrating Plasma in WebAii

Topics: Project Management Forum
May 11, 2007 at 3:21 PM
Edited May 11, 2007 at 6:26 PM
Hi Guys -

We were half way through building an InProc host for ASP.NET in our free WebAii automation infrastructure - here: www.artoftest.com when we came across this project. Our goal is to:
1. Have first class support for ASP.NET Testing Scenarios. We want customers to not only run their tests on Firefox or IE, but also run against an in-proc ASP.NET host for quick execution of smoke test scenarios that don't require a browser host.
2. Allow UILess testing of unattended / non-interactive test execution using MSTest and VSTS.

We currently support IE/Firefox using one consistent API and users can switch back and forth using a config switch. Now, we want to also add an option for them to run against an InProc ASP.NET Server so they can now choose IE/Firefox or ASp.NET Server.

We thought we discuss integrating the current Plasma project (The ASP.NET Host Portion only since we already have our own DOM implementation and element search support) in WebAii. Our initial plan is to integrate at the source level and move the code to use our DOM. This way users can still use our rich Find object to do rich element identification (id/attributes/regex/xpaths..etc).

Please give any feedback if there are any reservation/issues you forsee in our integration. Otherwise, we will continue with our own implementation.

Thanks.
Tom - contact@artoftest.com
Coordinator
Jun 27, 2007 at 2:06 AM
Sorry I only just saw this message...

I'd be happy to discuss working together on Plasma. Please contact me if you're still interested. http://aspadvice.com/blogs/ssmith/.
Nov 30, 2008 at 1:42 PM
I've made a similar framework, inspired by Plasma, called Ivonna. In-proc, and you don't have to scrap the page (just use the Page object).

ulu
Developer
May 12, 2010 at 3:53 PM

I have used this library successfully for running asp.net pages in-process without a browser.  I would like to contribute to the project.  Is the founder of this project still here?

Coordinator
May 12, 2010 at 4:33 PM
that would be me...

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 11:53 AM, jeffreypalermo <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I have used this library successfully for running asp.net pages in-process without a browser.  I would like to contribute to the project.  Is the founder of this project still here?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (plasma@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email plasma@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

--
Steve Smith | Lake Quincy Media | The Code Project
ssmith@lakequincy.com
http://SteveSmithBlog.com